If you are one of the 44% of local retailers who hasn’t tapped into your free Google My Business listing, you are missing business opportunities!
You’ve heard it over and over again – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) optimizes your website. It helps your business rank higher in search engines. It increases your website traffic through free and paid strategies. And it is critical to every marketing plan.
Still, many businesses forget to leverage the power of Google My Business as part of its SEO efforts. This is a bit crazy since “almost” every buying decision today starts with an online search for information.
Given Google is the most popular search engine in the world with over 90% of the world’s market share, consumers not only rely on Google, but view it as a “go-to” authoritative source when making a buying decision. An average person conducts 3–4 Google searches every single day, according to Ador SEO and 32% believe Google My Business has the most accurate information, reports the SearchEngine® Journal.
Here are seven more Google search statistics from SEO Expert Bradley Shaw:
- 46% of all Google searches are seeking local information
- 97% on individual online searches are trying to find a local business
- 86% of people look up business locations on Google
- 72% of consumers who find local businesses end up visiting stores within five miles
- Among these consumers, 12% search for a local business daily
- 92% of people choose businesses which appear on the first page of local search results
- 46% of all Google searches are local
Obviously statistical evidence proves there are many reasons every business should create and maintain a Google My Business listing.
But if you’re still not convinced, here are 12 more reasons to use Google My Business:
- Google My Business allows you to manage how your information gets displayed across all Google’s products and platforms, including Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), reviews and content.
- Google My Business is free because Google benefits from accurate information, so it’s incentivized to get as many businesses participating as possible.
- If Google trusts your business enough to display it in search results, consumers trust your business, too.
- Google My Business entries are usually accurate, which means third-party applications and services rely on Google for their data.
- Google My Business improves your visibility and increases the chances of getting your business featured on third-party sites which rely on Google for their information.
- A Google My Business listing gives Google more information about your business which allows Google to better categorize your business, again improving your business’s likelihood of appearing in relevant local searches.
- Google My Business allows you to include photos and videos so you can feature your storefront or best products and services.
- Google Insights reveals specific data about your customers. This includes how they are finding you, the most popular times they are searching for you, how busy your location is during different times of the day, how much time customers spend at your location and much more. This information allows you to adapt your marketing campaigns.
- Google My Business gives you the ability to publish free posts such as limited-time offers and special promotions.
- If your business takes appointments, Google My Business give you the opportunity to accept bookings online.
- Google My Business allows you to respond to Google reviews.
- When consumers enter an internet search on any browser, for the most part, they receive results based on their location. Google My Business makes it easier and quicker for potential customers to find information about your business from any digital device.
With this information – why wouldn’t you want to take advantage of a Google My Business listing when it can increase your business’s online and offline success?
WebRealSimple provides an initial complimentary, high level analysis of your business’s Google My Business and help you improve the value it can bring to your business.